Analogue Synthesizer Studio
Advertisement: If you're
enjoying these pages and you have an interest in hobby
type electronics or repair jobs, you might like to visit
Components Ebay Shop where there are many difficult
to find items, and my other website www.usefulcomponents.com,
where there are details of some good radio and other kits.
The synth stack consists of the following modules, a combination of Oakley Sound pcbs mounted on 19" panels and home-made custom units in 19" rack mounted boxes.
Right Hand Synth Stack from the top
* Homer Dual Frequency Shifter
* Homer Hammond Emulator
* Donated Yamaha Digital Delay - (not used as yet)
* 4 X Oakley SV-VCF
* 4 X Oakley ADSR + VCA
* Homer Graphic Arbitrary Waveform Generator
* 4 X Oakley Oscillators
* 4 X Oakley MidiDac
* Mixed panel consisting of
2 X Oakley Phasers
1 X Oakley Little LFO
5 X passive splitters
2 X Homer 4-input +/- output summer
2 X Homer 4-input +/- output summer-subtracter
Left Hand Rack from the top
Flexible Ambisonic UHJ Decoder and 8 channel B-format to
speaker feed generator
* Homer Ambisonic Auto-Rotator linked into A&D expansion input
* Audio + Design Ambisonic Pan-Rotate Unit
* Passive attenuator and input panel for A&D Ambisonic Pan-Rotate unit, B-format switch for pre and post record monitoring.
* A + D UHJ Encoder/Transcoder
* A + D B Format Converter (not used)
* 4 X Stage Line 50W stereo amplifiers
* Ye Olde 120MHz AMD P5 PC containing a Terratec EWS64XL card to be a sampling synth when I can be bothered with it.
*Speaker No. 5 of 8
* Technics SL1210 Turntable for those SQ SOB moments.
From the top
*4 X 3 head cassette deck collection for
future "Itchycoo" Flanger project or student radio stylee tape
delay generation (yay!)
Inter-head delays are 85mS, 87mS, 93mS and 32mS.
* Scopex 4D10A old scope for synth monitoring and testing
* Unit with >60 second period LFSR pseudo-random white noise generator, amoungst other redundant bits.
* To the left, white envelope holding laser printed transparencies of instrument waveforms for placing over the oscilloscope screen and then tuning the waveform generator to.
* Utility shelf with PSU for Matrix Switcher and extra short range FM radio transmitter, and old bits of cage nuts, screwdrivers and cable ties.
* Homer panel for Matrix Switcher control
* Radio Design Labs AMX-84 Audio Matrix Switcher / Summer and control panel
* Musical Fidelity amp used to drive headphones and as a Gram pre-amp
Utility Unit consiting of
Two buffered continuously variable attenuators
Two three-range sine oscillators
One three input summer
One three-input summer subtracter
Two precision voltage sources, 1V steps 0 to 9V
* Homer Triple
Accutronics Spring Reverb
Extras on this unit...
Two additional passive splitters
Two attenuators with gain, +6dB to -infinityish dB